5389 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Decnet Over TCPIP..

Muthuvel.B
Advisor

Decnet Over TCPIP..

Hi there,

Can anyone let me know How to configure Decnet Over TCPIP? I have already tried and succeeded by starting PWIP driver and adding the host name to the UCX host database.

Now even though PWIP is running and Host name is there in the database, when i tried SET HOST to the node, I am getting HOST CURRENTLY UNREACHABLE error.

Regards,
Muthuvel.B
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

DECnet/IP is configured via the standard configuration routine SYS$MANAGER:NET$CONFIGURE ADVANCED.
When you select TRANSPORTS, there is a question regarding DECnet/IP.
Note that DECnet/IP must be configured on both ends of the line, i.e. on all hosts.

mfg Kalle
Joseph Huber_1
Honored Contributor

In net$configure You have also to add "domain"
to the list of name-services.
Specify "local,domain" or "dns,local,domain" depending on wether You have Decnet-DNS.
http://www.mpp.mpg.de/~huber
Muthuvel.B
Advisor

Hi,

I only configured it already and was working. I dont know whatz causing the problem. I am sure it is with the DECNET side running on my node.

Could you pls figure me out the hidden components that need to be configured for this?

Muthuvel.B
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

so you had DECnet/IP working and now it does not? What has changed?
Is the remote host reachable via IP (use PING)?
DECnet/IP uses two TCP port numbers 399, and 102 - are they being blocked somewhere?

Hi

When you use $NET$CONFIGURE ADVANCED, transport option and TCP/IP protocol, I think that you modify a DECnet file contains OSI transport (procedure includes a template RFC1006 and a transport RFC1006 on ports 102 and 399).

Checks these ports on tcpip services.
More information on:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/73final/6497/6497pro_020.html#index_x_1051

Saludos, Daniel.