108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Decnet PHASE IV

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Drozdz
Advisor

Decnet PHASE IV

I installed open VMS 7.3 on an ES40. I installed DECnet Phase 1v as a layered product as well. I remove decnet plus. When I do product show product the state is "InsDependErr" I'm not sure what this means? What should I do to get it to be installed.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello,

can you please post the output of a full product show hist? The error message tries to tell you that some installation dependecies were not fulfilled. You should get much more detailed information during the failed product install attempt.

Greetings, Martin
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,

First deinstall Decnet-plus, then install decnet iv .
Anyway, as Martin said, post here output of product sho history/full.

HTH,
Best regards,
Lokesh Jain
What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail?
Joseph Drozdz
Advisor

Here' the PRODUCT show History
PRODUCT KIT TYPE OPERATION DATE AND TIME
----------------------------------- ----------- ----------- --------------------
DEC AXPVMS DECNET_OSI V7.3 Full LP Remove 18-FEB-2004 15:14:40
DEC AXPVMS DECNET_PHASE_IV V7.3 Full LP Install 18-FEB-2004 15:13:11
DEC AXPVMS DECNET_OSI V7.3 Full LP Install 30-JAN-2004 10:26:46
DEC AXPVMS DWMOTIF V1.2-6 Full LP Install 30-JAN-2004 10:26:46
DEC AXPVMS OPENVMS V7.3 Platform Install 30-JAN-2004 10:26:46
DEC AXPVMS VMS V7.3 Oper System Install 30-JAN-2004 10:26:46
John Eerenberg
Valued Contributor

Looks like you specified DECnet-Plus at the time of the intial install.
You don't have any layered products listed, so consider starting over.
Given the order of the installs, Plus, then IV, then remove Plus, things are tangled up a tad.
Try product remove both Phase IV and Plus *or* reinstall Plus. I'm not so sure that will work at this point, but if you can remove both, then you'll get a clean install of Phase IV.
Personally, I'd save as much of my work, such as my edits on .COM files, queue setups, etc., as I can from this system disk and simply reinstall OpenVMS and Phase IV from scratch.
It is better to STQ then LDQ
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello,

trying to do a remove on both products is one possibility. As I said product install should give you more helpfull error messages during the attempted installation.

One important point. Since it seems you are installing that system new, I would strongly recommend to go with 7.3-1 plus the latest patches. (7.3-2 is still a bit new in case this is a production system), 7.3 is getting long in the teeth and support will be an issue.

Greetings, Martin