1748180 Members
4187 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Delpen macro

Jthoma01
Occasional Contributor

The link Dean sent is an example of a macro that prompts for the pid and then does it for you. The one mission critical gave us looks very similar. I'm a little rusty on macro. But I think this will work. I APPRECIATE EVERYONES RESPONSE TO USE WITH CAUTION CAN CAUSE CRASH. You never know what level of technical ability you will be giving responses to the person requesting. I have seen jr. systems people do these kind of things without thinking of the ramifications. But I know better. I will still post the example from mission critical once I can get some time to get it off one of my tapes.

The one difference is that again the mission critical macro you had to go into SDA and get the pcb;100 value and plug into the macro. But again they probably used this one as a base and tweaked it specifically for DTR users.

thanks
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

The one difference is that again the mission critical macro you had to go into SDA and get the pcb;100 value and plug into the macro

SDA> SET PROC/IND=
SDA> EXA pcb;100

will just dump the first 64. longword of the PCB. Maybe this was just used to obtain the PCB address (the last quadword on the first line displayed).

The macro program MNOWAIT referenced above obtains this address with the EXE$NAMPID internal system routine from the PID.

Volker.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

I tried to enter this yesterday evening (Europe), but ITRC was fully dead till after bed-time.

Jthoma01, Volker:

THANKS a lot for adding another tool to my box!

Like you, we sometimes have processes that hang on to locks they should no longer hold, and refuse to be deleted bacause they wait for something that we know will never happen.
Reboot was the ultimate solution, but this tool slices another bit from that ugly lump.

And yes, I know the disclaimers about DELTA.
In a former life on ICL DME we also had a memory inspection-and-manipulation program. As a permanent warning, that program was named DYNAMITE and had to be LOADed from the BWAMM library. Talk about descriptive names!

Again:
MANY thanks. I hope to have little need for it, but WHEN, then I 'll remember you!

Proost.

Have one on me (maybe at the Bootcamp in Nashua?)

jpe

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.