1753259 Members
5461 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deploy WSIT service to axis2

Diane Dunshee
Occasional Contributor

Deploy WSIT service to axis2

I am new to the whole apache/tomcat/axis2/wsit ballgame. We finished installing apache, tomcat, axis2, and have tried the axis2 example StockQuoteService and all function correctly. Next, using the WSIT developer's guide, I am trying to create and deploy the math example written in C to axis2. I did the java "com.hp.wsi.Generator" -i math.xml -a math -c SJW -o [generated] command to create all 3 flavors of clients. The POJO and the JSP client deploy and function correctly.

I can't get the axis2 client to work. It give me "Successful build" and I deploy the aar file to axis2's services directory but it always shows up as a Faulty Service. The errors looks like this:

Error: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : math.service.mathService at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:144) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:78) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(DeploymentFileData.java:137) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.java:571) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList.java:141) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener.java:318) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryListener.java:220) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.startListener(RepositoryListener.java:312) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.checkRepository(SchedulerTask.java:64) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.run(SchedulerTask.java:71) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.Scheduler$SchedulerTimerTask.run(Scheduler.java:83) at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512) at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462) Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : math.service.mathService at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilder.java:389) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:95) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:137) ... 12 more Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : math.service.mathService at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilder.java:354) ... 14 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class Not found : math.service.mathService at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentClassLoader.findClass(DeploymentClassLoader.java:89) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:330) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242) at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSchemaGenerator.(DefaultSchemaGenerator.java:115) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.fillAxisService(Utils.java:340) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilder.java:347) ... 14 more

The Developers's Guide doesn't have much info on the AXIS2 flavor of the client. Even the section (1.7) on using ANT with WSIT doesn't give AXIS2 sample clients a mention.

I'd appreciate any help at getting a WSIT client to run under AXIS2.
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

I know nothing, but I am curious about what
kind of system you're doing all this on.
Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

Might be open doors:
Have you checked case of all directories and files involved?
Are your java classpath complete?
Dies the class mathService really exist, and can it be accessed using the classpath?
Has the user running the application (ie. Tomcat, IIRC: APACHE$WWW) access to the file?
Be sure to have all your files on ODS-5 disk(s).

Be sure to have the proper DECC-logical settings so case is preserved; use double quotes where names contain lower case;
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager
Diane Dunshee
Occasional Contributor

I am running this on an Itanium system running OpenVMS. We just converted our legacy OpenVMS Vax to Itanium so I'm still learning Itanium too.

I believe the case's are correct.
The JSP flavor of the client works fine through Tomcat. So I believe that the WSIT created java bean and server side stuff is OK.
The files are on ODS-5.

How do I know if my classpath is correct?
What specifically do I look for/compare to see if the case is correct? I am struggling with case so will look into the DECC logicals.
Note that I am taking this right out of the WSIT for OpenVMS Developer's Guide (Dec 2008) examples. I had the WSIT "Generate" procedure create the POJO, JSP, and AXIS2 flavors of the client. The POJO and JSP worked fine per directions. The WSIT "Generate" procedure created the axis2 client and build service scripts. I'm just executing them per manual instructions so am assuming that case etc should be created/executed correctly. I did take the resulting .aar file and expanded it and didn't see the math.service.mathService class file. However when I look at the WSIT created build.xml script, I can see where it has a javac of the source mathService.java file, the source .java file exists and the build script completes successfully. I know I'm missing something but I don't know what it is.
Diane Dunshee
Occasional Contributor

I finally got it working as the documentation advertises. All I had to do to get it to work was
SET PROC/PARSE=EXTENDED

I can't believe it was so simple. I am even able to deploy my own user written web service that exposes my legacy code. Thanks for your help.
Diane Dunshee
Occasional Contributor

Determined that the solution was to set proc/parse=extended and $ DEFINE DECC$EFS_CASE_PRESERVE ENABLE
to enable lower case properly