4454 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Device Error PEA0

SOLVED
Go to solution

Device Error PEA0

Hello together,
can anybody tell me, at which Device "PEA0" denoted as NI_SCA, is meant, in the physical Enviroment?

Thanks for your Help

Manfred
6 REPLIES 6
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Manfred,

I always thought that all Ethernet and FDDI busses make up a single PEA0 port.

Jeff
I like a clean bowl & Never go with the zero
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Manfred,

PEA0 is the Port Emulation driver, which is responsible for cluster-communication via the LAN/FDDI interfaces.

It's called Port Emulation driver, because it emulates the behaviour of a 'real' SCS port driver (e.g. PADRIVER for the old CI interface).

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Manfred,

if you see errors increasing on PEA0, these will most likely not be hardware errors, but some problems in the SCS protocol or communication path via the LAN/FDDI (e.g. lost connection, bad cluster password etc.).

You should look at the error log with DIAGNOSE (DECevent) or ANAL/ERR (on VAX) to find the appropriate errlog entries.

Volker.
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Our FDDI is on FWA.

To my knowledge, all cluster traffic uses the pseudo device PEA0, whatever the transport (ethernet and FDDI). The non-network traffic from the past (CI and DSSI?) may use other pseudo devices.

The traffic is however accounted on the correct device.

Wim
Wim

Thanks for the fast Answers.

mfg Manfred
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Manfred,

from your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 26 of 70 responses to my questions.

Some of the streams date from more than a year back.

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption "My Question(s)" you will find "questions or topics with unassigned points " Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. - nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before - please do not take offence - none is intended!

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.