Operating System - OpenVMS
1753472 Members
4661 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Differenze between NCP on Openvms Versions?

Colin Butcher
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Wim,

That's true locally, but the remote site needs to have all those protocols enabled on the bridge / router devices at each end of the WAN link.

If it's a TCP/IP only WAN link then the only solution is to "set host" or "telnet" to a node at the remote site and use NCP CONNECT in a LAN environment, not a WAN.

It's all good fun and becoming a more common problem as people migrate from extended LANs using bridging to IP only WAN services.

Cheers, Colin (http://www.xdelta.co.uk).
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem (Occam's razor).
Maurizio Rondina
Frequent Advisor

sorry, but i still wait for the customer reply.

Last update is that only T402 (90M) and T407 (90L+) are not reachable on his own LAN, from NCP CONNECT NODE.

I think, that the mac-address printed on the box of these terminal server, was wrong.

I asked to the customer, to connect with a terminal locally, and inquire from the local command prompt the mac-address, to see if it correspond to the one printed on the box.

...unfortunately now they have no hurry! we must wait.
Maurizio Rondina
Frequent Advisor

The 2 terminal server unreachable are
T402 Hardware 00-60-6D-9B-D8-A3
T407 Hardware 00-00-F8-50-12-36

I try search on

http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/
this is the result:

Search results for "00-60-6D-9B-D8-A3"
MAC Address
Prefix Vendor
00606D Digital Equipment Corp.

Search results for "00-00-F8-50-12-36"
MAC Address
Prefix Vendor
0000F8 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC)

Now I'm sure that mac-address are correctly and that there is a local problem on these 90L+ and 90M. The customer don't know as manage locally these units, so I will can verify the situation only on-site, i don't know when... Thanks for all.