4336 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Digital Office server v5.0 compute problem

Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

Digital Office server v5.0 compute problem

Hello,
Does anybody know of any problems with the compute function returning wrong answers and even minus numbers after upgrading from 4.0a to 5.0 ?

Karen
4 REPLIES 4
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Can you give us a little more information to go on? Example? OpenVMS version? Any other upgrades or changes around the same time as the Office Server upgrade?

If you have software support for (ALL-IN-1) Office Server, ring up HP. I do suspect they'll push for an upgrade and replication on more recent bits, as the current Office Server version looks to be V6.1 per: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/OffSvr/OffSvr_home.html

On zero evidence, I might well load ECOs for OpenVMS, on the off chance Office Server is calling into a faulty run-time library. And I don't know if there are any ECOs for Office Server itself.
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

HI Hoff,

Yes the customer was told to upgrade to 6.1 and he has upgraded to 6.0 and will go to 6.1 but he needs to go to VMS 7.3-1 as he is at 7.3-1 at the minute. For some reason he hasn't been getting SPL updates and so is wondering how to get VMS 7.3-1 as he has the 6.1 office server upgrade.

Karen
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Ring up HP or your HP reseller about the ConDist software product library (SPL) subscription; I've seen reports over in C.O.V. around this problem, and I do know that HP is making changes in the subscription services offerings -- moving from a kit-level distro subscription to a support services model.

FWIW, the classic HP software distro model is a "pull" model, and not the DIGITAL-style distro subscription model -- it's where the customer requests a kit be shipped out, or the customer downloads the kit from the HP FTP servers.

There are two parallel distros for bits, too, the ConDist LP kit distro and the operating system distro. The OS has been added to various and occasional of the ConDist kits, but shipping multiple OpenVMS versions oin every ConDist would make the ConDist rather unwieldy. The OS was usually at least three disks per version, between the OS, the docs, and the ancillary pieces. Times several versions, a disk or two of MUPs or such for each, and the ConDist doubles in size.

If there's a support contract or a license for it, your customer will able to get the V7.3-2 kit from HP.

Here's the ConDist (SPL) stuff:

http://h30266.www3.hp.com/

Off-hand, I don't recall if the operating system kits are in this same area right now or not, or if there's another server -- HP has been moving stuff around with regular irregularity. And it could vary by geography, IIRC. Most of the kit-related stuff seems to be heading toward the ITRC Software Update Manager (SUM) area.

http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/sum/home.do

HP Support or the reseller will have the details.
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

Hi Hoff,

Many thanks for all this info - very enlightening! I have the name of a guy I need to speak to tomorrow to check on this customers contract and support details and hopefully we will be able to get somewhere on downloading the OS for them.

I will let you know how I get on ..

Thanks again