108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ECP run on another server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Douglass Anderson
Regular Advisor

ECP run on another server

I have ECP running on two servers. Both at 7.3.2. Both have ecp 5.3. can I transfer the files (binary or ascii) between the servers so that the one without the DecWindows issue (one member cluster) can read the files from the one with the Dec Windows Issue(two member cluster)?

What files would I need to transfer? XXX.CPC and how ?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor
Solution

The .CPC files contain the performance data.
You can copy them to the analyzer node or even
open them from the analyzer node remote. Just enter nodename::... in the file select box.

regards Kalle
Petr Spisek
Regular Advisor

Yes, if you have two nodes in the cluster, you can mount/cluster disk and read this (any *.CPC) from random node. I recomend you redefine logical name ECP$PERF_DATA to clusterwide disk destination.
For non-cluster servers you can copy ECP$PERF_DATA:*.CPC by FTP (as binary mode) to ECP$PERF_DATA on node where is posible to use ECP by DECWINDOWS.
Petr
Douglass Anderson
Regular Advisor

The program works with its own CPC files, but when I transfer the files over there. FTP Binary mode and select the directory where I put the files. Select a file. I get the attached error.

Is it a permission error?
Petr Spisek
Regular Advisor

Hm ... I have ECP V5.5A-25 and it works fine. Try to check user quotas. Have your .CPCs the similar block-size from both nodes? Which action generates this message?
Petr
Douglass Anderson
Regular Advisor

file size differ. will check where it differs.