ana/disk/read gave only the warning.

SYSTEM> anal/disk/read $1$DKG0:
Analyze/Disk_Structure for _$1$DKG0: started on 23-FEB-2009 08:42:45.32

%ANALDISK-I-OPENQUOTA, error opening QUOTA.SYS
-SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHFILE, no such file
%ANALDISK-W-OPENFILE, file (5739,34,1)
error opening file for read check
-SYSTEM-W-ACCONFLICT, file access conflict
%ANALDISK-W-FUTCREDAT, file (234230,1,1) [ORACLE7_MRLB1.DB_MRLB1]SYSTEM_STARTUP_SQLNETV2.LOG;8705
creation date is in the future
%ANALDISK-W-FREESPADRIFT, free block count of 3589329 is incorrect (RVN 1);
the correct value is 3589261

Any suggestiond on this.

Joe.
Joewee
Regular Advisor

Re: EXTENDED SENSE DATA RECEIVED

And i noticed one more think now.

FMU> exit

FMU -- Normal termination, status: 1.
Power Supply failure detected.
Fan failure cleared.

HSZ019>

I cleared this message through

> clear cli

but it popped up again.

This could be the problem for this?
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

try clear cli again , if it pops up again can you run fmu again and do show parameters

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

ASC A1 / ASCQ 11 is indeed "fan fault is fixed". I would pull the other ASC/ASCQ pairs, and see what else shows up. Even without DECevent, they are easy enough to read off.

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Joe,

in a previous entry I wrote:

'note that you can also install DECevent on a Windows System and run the OpenVMS ERRLOG.SYS analysis under Windows.'

I was apparently thinking of WEBES SEA (System Event Analyzer), where you can do exactly this.

After scanning the DECevent NT user guide, I'm not sure, that you can actually analyze OpenVMS Alpha ERRLOG.SYS files with this tool under Windows.

Volker.
Joewee
Regular Advisor

Mark,

I cleared again and it haven came back. I was monitoring the same for quite some time now but it haven popped out.

Richard,

Im not sure of what is "ASC/ASCQ", Should I have to do anything physicall for this??

Volker,

Thanks, I tried to install it on windows but it said some file was missing and dont have much rights on this PC so i left it there itself.

All,

Now there were no more errors on any of the disks. But still out of my curiousity i would like to know that, what made the disks to log so much of errors in that short span of time. And what can be done to prevent it in the future if possible.

Thanks for all your replies.

Joe.
Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

ASC Additional sense code
ASCQ Additional sense code qualifier

This is SCSI standards speak for error code/subcode. Jur pulled these out using DECevent but your original report is
smart enough to decode the ASC at least as:

SENSE CODE = A1(X)

You can find the ASC/ASCQ values in the raw data: 12th and 13th bytes of the data block returned.

EXTENDED SENSE 00060070
000011A1
^ ^
ASCQ ASC

If you see other codes you can look them up in the service guide: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/techdoc/controllers/EK-HSZ70-SV-B01.html
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

My guess is that the first write gave "extended sense". Thus a rewrite was done and this worked. Did the disk move the block to the bad block list or did the rewrite worked better than the first write ?

My expierence is that often a range of bad blocks is found. And as long as blocks are allocated from this range, you have the problem.

fwiw

Wim
Wim