Operating System - OpenVMS
1752786 Members
5983 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event Notification Program ENP

david hurst

Event Notification Program ENP

I am installing DECEvent and the instructions say the next step is to run DECEVENT_ENP_ALPHA.EXE to get the SAVE_SET.
The file is nowhere to be found. I have looked on the CDs and HP's website. Please tell me where I can find it.
10 REPLIES 10
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

The link for "Maintenance and support for Compaq products" will lead you to http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/svctools/decevent/index.html

You'll need to download all 4 files, run each file on the VMS system then use vmsinstal. The install proceedure will warn you if you don't have a license, but to translate error log you don't neeed license and can continue without any problems.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
david hurst

I have already done the extract but no file like DECEVENT_ENP_ALPHA is in the list from those 4 files.
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

If you just want to translate the errorlog, just install die DIAA034 kit and that's it.

mfg Kalle
david hurst

I need to send events to my OSEM server.
I need ENP for that and I see no reference to the file DECEVENET_ENP_VAX.EXE anywhere.
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

is that file part of the OSEM kit from
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/svctools/OSEM/
?

Once you install the DIAA034 kit you can proceed with setting up the DECEVENT environment.

If you plan to use the active alerting, you must have have a license PAK on the system.
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
david hurst

Maybe the file (DECEVENT_ENP_ALPHA.EXE) comes with the license PAK. Mine expire in
May so when I renew the license to the latest version, do you know if I get the software that way?
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

David,

the DECevent V3.4 kit was built on 13-JUN-2002 and I stronlgy believe there was no OSEM at that time. DECevent used to work with SICL via DSNlink.

You will have to ask HP about the DECEVENT_ENP_ALPHA.EXE and DECEVENT_ENP_VAX.EXE images, they are mentioned in the OSEM setup guide, but a NOT delivered with DECevent V3.4.

Try to find the files in the OSEM kit.

To enable notification within DECevent, you need a DECEVENT license PAK. You normally were able to get the license from HP (expiration date set for 1 year), if you had a HW service contract.

Volker.
david hurst

There is no VMS files in the OSEM kit.
I have looked all over the HP website.
Who do I ask for the files?