New Discussion юеВ

Re: Excursion setting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sentosa
Frequent Advisor

Excursion setting

Hi,

I am using Excursion v7.3.188 to connect OpenVMS, I don't know how to set the following in the terminal,

Highlight the desired messages = Cut the message.
Press the two button at the same time = Paste the messages.

Thanks,
Sentosa
7 REPLIES 7
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Sentosa,

to select text in a DECterm window, press the left mouse button and move the mouse cursor over the text to be selected (with the mouse button pressed). Clicking 3 times on a line (with the left mouse button) will select the whole line.

To paste the text, click the right mouse button.

Volker.
Sentosa
Frequent Advisor

Volker,

I cannot paste the text after click the right mouse button.

Thanks,
Sentosa
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

Sentosa,

I'm using EXCEED and have to press the middle button (which may be emulated on a 2-button mouse by pressing both buttons) to paste the selected text.
In addition to Volker: 2 clicks select the current word.

regards Kalle
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

I'm using KEA!X and have to press the 2 buttons too. But there are config items in KEA!X that allow to config it in another way. Also, the length you have to hold the 2 buttons is in the config.

Wim
Wim
Sentosa
Frequent Advisor

Kalle, Wim

I have tried to press both buttons (paste the text) but still no work.

Do you know any setting within Excursion?

Thanks,
Sentosa
J Asson
Advisor
Solution

Assuming you are pasting back into a DecTerm and not a windows terminal (ie notepad) - I say this as I am not aware that you can paste into non Decterm windows without first using the Decterm menus to select copy.

For mouse ops in Decterms - ensure the emulation is set in the eXcursion control panel as follows :

Attached shows MB2 for when the selected text can be pasted by clicking both mouse buttons at the same time - use MB3 when you want the paste to happen on the click of the right mouse button only. Note comment re three mouse ops.
Sentosa
Frequent Advisor

Thank you very much.