108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fortran compilers

SOLVED
Go to solution
odwillia
Frequent Advisor

Fortran compilers

I have a program that was compiled with Fortran and I don't seem to have Fortran installed on the system. Can I use any Fortran compiler to re-compile? Is there one that you would recommend?

Thanks for your assistance
5 REPLIES 5
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: Fortran compilers

Name, Rank, Serialnumber?

that is...
- what Operating System? (VMS I guess)
- what Platform? (Alpha I guess)
- what versions
- game or hobby or production usage?

The simple answer is to ask your system manager to activate/install a licenced Fortran compiler. Sit back, relax and use when ready.

As an alternative, you may want to consider pubilcally accesible OpenVMS systems.

- HP testdrive for Itanium / Professional use
- EISNER for Decus/Encompass .. and friend
- DEATHROW for ??? Hackers? :-)

Google is your friend.

Hth,
Hein.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor
Solution

odwillia,

from your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 8 of 46 responses to my questions.

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption "My Question(s)" you will find "questions or topics with unassigned points " Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.
If you have closed some of those streams, you must "Reopen" them to "Submit points". (After which you can "Close" again)

Do not forget to explicitly activate "Submit points", or your effort gets lost again!!

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. - nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before - please do not take offence - none is intended!

PPS. - Zero points for this.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
odwillia
Frequent Advisor

Where would we have to place the compiler? Also we are using Openvms 7-1.2 ALpha server.

Sorry for not including this information.
odwillia
Frequent Advisor

You guys deserve A LOT of points you have helped me greatly. I will take the time to assign the points asap.
Thanks.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

odwilia,

>>>
Where would we have to place the compiler?
<<<

Unless you are VERY tight on your system disk space (in which case I think yoy should address THAT issue first, considering current disk prices!) you can just accept the installation default, which is, to install in the system COMMON area.

Normally, do not do anything fancy, accept installatin defaults (EXCEPT automatic PURGE after installation!) and everything will work out just fine.

Success.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.