1752812 Members
6050 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Forums Maintenance & Infrastructure Upgrades Downtime

Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Forums Maintenance & Infrastructure Upgrades Downtime

ATTENTION SUPPORT FORUMS USERS: There will be a 4 to 6 hour downtime window this Friday night 6th PDT. It is for maintenance and infrastructure upgrades We apologise for any inconvenience, thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Which would be in GMT?

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

PDT is + 7 = GMT/UTC. So 4 to 6 hours starting "sometime Friday/Saturday morning" give or take.

Andy
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Gary,

Given the international population of readers, could you please think about being more specific when you specify a date and time. I assume "PDT" means US/Pacific time zone, but that's not necessarily obvious or even unambiguous to other readers. For some of us, your Friday is our Saturday.

Perhaps you could give a URL to a time zone converter, for example http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Given local DST rules and such, it might even be prudent to specify all dates and times in GMT?

I'm also wondering if there's some service on the web that would allow me to encode a date or time as a URL in my local time zone, so that someone else could click on it and have it automatically converted into their own time zone. I guess one such mechanism would be an Outlook meeting as a linked attachment (is there a more generic or open standard file format for this?)

FYI, although it's not relevant to your posting this time, please note that when specifying a date, North America is the only region that uses the non-sensical order mm/dd/yyyy, so it's better to use a completely unambiguous format like "6th October 2006"
A crucible of informative mistakes
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

closed