Operating System - OpenVMS
1752790 Members
6297 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Exam HPO-651 (Openvms System Administration)

Peter Clarke
Regular Advisor

HP Exam HPO-651 (Openvms System Administration)

Hi,

I want to take the above exam..

Does anyone no where i can get some additional information (ie, good study guides) and also some practice test's??
Also would this be may first exam to take??
Any advice / information would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Peter
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Exam HPO-651 (Openvms System Administration)

According to your profile, the EMEA organization is right for you:
http://certification.emea.hp.com/include/INCLStdPages/HPCP-StdPageA.asp

A pointer to the exam preparation guides is on the lower left side. Oh well, here it is anyway:
http://www.hp.com/certification/examinfo.html
Peter Clarke
Regular Advisor

I have seen all the stuff on the hp site was actually looking for practise exams really or different websites with study guides.....

Peter
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Peter,

Yes, this should be the first exam to take. It's intended for people with 3-5 years experience managing OpenVMS systems.

Although it's by no means an easy exam, it's intended to test your experience, rather than your ability to cram from practice exams. We've found that people in the target demographic usually pass - the pass mark is relatively low (~60%) to account for the breadth of knowledge being tested.

There are numerous sample questions in the EPG. Read through the EPG, if you know what the subject areas are, and have worked in those areas for a few years, you're probably ready to take the exam.

I'm not aware of any external resources that provide study guides or practice exams, though I believe Parsec have a "bootcamp" course intended to cover this and the other two exams, ("436 OpenVMS Network Administration" and "450 OpenVMS Advanced Administration, Performance and Support")

Good luck!

A crucible of informative mistakes
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor