1752758 Members
4789 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP OpenVMS Technical Updates

labadie_1
Honored Contributor

a little riddle: who is the speaker who begun his talk (at the french TUD, but I think it is always the same) with: "I started to work on Vms in january 1973". No typo here, 1973, I insist :-)
Not much people can say this.

For those who has forgotten, Vms appeared in 1978 or 1979, depending on what you consider (customer receives it, announce...)
Andrew Moody_1
Regular Advisor

John

You are right of course, both of Guy's presentations were of huge value particularly the performance cookbook delivered with Bruce. An oversight not to mention Bruden OSSG's contribution in the first post.
A sobering thought: What if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?
Andrew Moody_1
Regular Advisor

labadie

Sue was claiming the offical 29th Anniversary on October 25th 2006. Which puts OpenVMS with us since 1977.
A sobering thought: What if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

VMS design work started serveral years before it was released.

Don't doubt it Ian, I was referring to Labadie's 2nd paragraph as oppossed to challenging his first!
Rob Kersey
Advisor

Which is before I was born ;-)
John Abbott_2
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure I recall Sue saying October 25th 1977 too. I think she said it was first customer shipment.

Anyway a fine two days, some items from the cook book were a repeat, not that that's a problem ! I'd just say review what was said and shown as we got performace improvements in two areas mentioned... and don't forget to sing :-)

J.
Don't do what Donny Dont does
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Well,

I guess that means we in the Netherlands did miss something!
Regrettably Guy was not here (because of family business). Bruce presented Guy's session on new goodies, but I would have loved to see their joint action!

Guess you can't win them all.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.