108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help

SOLVED
Go to solution
vmsserbo
Super Advisor

Help

How do you set up a DECnet username and password for a system. ?

Ex.
New TSTSTG> copy bls_login.com team07::q.q/log

%COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM07::Q.Q; as output

-RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed

-SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node

%COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, $1$DUA21:[BLS]BLS_LOGIN.COM;45 not copie
7 REPLIES 7
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor
Solution

You can put a valid username and password in the command:

copy bls_login.com team07"username password"::q.q/log

There are other ways to get by having to specify the username and password, like using DECnet proxies.
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

If security is not an issue you can even use a user without password. But limit access to "network" in authorize (optional since security is not an issue).

Wim
Wim
vmsserbo
Super Advisor

How can I set this up usinf decnet?
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Miles,

Determine a valid account to receive the copy at TEAM07 (mayby your own?)

At TEAM07 issue
UAF> ADD/PROXY TSTSTG:: /default

If you now execute the COPY from your question, BLS_LOGIN.COM will be in SYS$LOGIN for , and renamed to Q.Q

The remote filespec can include file spec for any other location, and/or filename, just as long as has write permission.

hth

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

oh eh, sorry, I forgot:

should of course be allowed NETWORK login in SYSUAF.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Miles,

Accounts with DECnet access are added to the system like any other accounts, using the AUTHORIZE utility. One example of all of the procedures that use AUTHORIZE is in SYS$EXAMPLES:ADDUSER.COM.

Remember, you need to allow NETWORK access, and you need AT LEAST the NETMBX and TMPMBX privileges.

You can then use the account for DECnet file accesses, whether ny specifying it explicitly in the file name, or implicitly using the network proxy mechanism.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Miles,

Could you please use more descriptive titles than "Help"?

In this case the system TEAM07 does not have a default DECnet account for the FAL object. This would have been the choice of the system manager who installed and configured DECnet, and maybe required by site security policies.

If it's acceptable security, you can reconfigure DECnet to add a default FAL account. For phase IV it's @SYS$STARTUP:NETCONFIG, for Phase V it's @SYS$STARTUP:NET$CONFIGURE.

Please read the documentation for configuring DECnet BEFORE starting the procedure, or log a case with your local customer support centre for assistance.

Again, this involves opening holes in your system security, and should NOT be done without reference to security policies, and an understanding of the potential risks.
A crucible of informative mistakes