4732 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hosting Web Services on VMS Alpha

SOLVED
Go to solution
sunilk_1

HP has a test drive site where you can access the various Integrity and OS combinations to try stuff out. You may be able to use that to run your obj2idl converter.

http://www.testdrive.hp.com/
Mark Daniel_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi Mike.

The forthcoming OpenVMS Technical Journal V7 (Jan 2006) has an article entitled ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WASD in SOAP/XML Transaction-Oriented Environments

Overview

The WASD VMS Hypertext Services Package is a functional, general-purpose Web service with sufficient additional specialized capabilities to find a niche in transaction-oriented network services. This article explains how to use WASD to deliver SOAP remote procedure calls. The first section describes the persistent scripting mechanism provided by WASD. This is followed by two case studies that explain the development of SOAP-based transaction systems in which WASD provides the Web infrastructure to interface front- and back-end processing. The case studies describe technology choices, implementation details, system performance, and general outcomes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If this is of any relevance drop me a line and I'll pass it on to the contributing authors. You might be able to bend their ears for an opinon. I do not think I could send you a pre-release of the article because it now belongs to OpenVMS Engineering.
mike gozaloff

Sunil,

I took your suggestion and logged onto a test drive system. The WSIT is not installed there, so I moved the EXE and sample code to see if it would run. The EXE crashes on the sample file. The EXE appears intact; it displays the usage message if you mess up the params.

Was worth a shot.
Mark Daniel_2
Frequent Advisor

Oops, didn't notice the post by Jeremy Begg.

>See also the next issue of the OpenVMS
>Technical Journal. I've just been working at
>a site which is using WASD and Tuxedo
>(although the latter isn't mentioned in the
>article). We used SOAP-structured documents
>and LIBXML.

He's one of the contributing authors I refered to.
davidsullivan

Hello Mike, I'm the project lead for the OpenVMS web services projects including WSIT.

Sorry you have had such a hard time getting your XML defined.

If you would like I'll work with you to get the XML generated/written for your application.

Contact me at davidjsullivan@hp.com