Operating System - OpenVMS
1753625 Members
5650 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How often we should do system healthcheck for Alpha ES45

Alpha_6

How often we should do system healthcheck for Alpha ES45

What is the standard of Alpha ES45 system healthcheck ?
5 REPLIES 5
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I dont think there is a recommended period just when a significant change to workload or system configuration or you thing you have a problem.

>What is the standard of Alpha ES45 system >healthcheck ?

When I worked at a site that had a Gold Support contract, our TAM's team would contact us to remind us that it was system healthcheck time.

I don't know thw details of your contract with hp, but ours specified twiceyearly health checks. Contact your hp support rep to discover which services you are eligible to receive.
Alpha_6

Does any HP technical support here pls. suggest.
Stephen_67

Hi

I am a TAM in the UK - we recommend the full System Health check twice per year, this is included with some levels of contract, or purchaseable as a one off - but you are free to run the "lite" reports as often as you like and on any systems you like. The collectors can be downloaded from http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=SHCBASE01 - you dont need to worry about the access ID when configuring it, this is only used if you subscribe to the Electronic Site Management Guide.
Once you have run the SHC, suggested dynamic collection min 8 hours, max 23:59 then email the .zip file to shc.analysis@hp.com and you will get a report by return of email. Feel free to put my name as the TAM if you dont have one.

Regards
Steve
Jeff Chisholm
Valued Contributor

As noted, customers who have proactive line items in their software support contracts get a SHC every 6 months. For everyone else, there's a ValuPack that you can purchase.

http://www.hp.com/hps/perevent/valupack/openvmssysadmin/vp068.html

I'm one of the people in the VMS space in the Americas that coordinates the Custom Projects program. I'm happy to discuss how our ValuPacks or a custom project can help you with your business. jeff.chisholm@hp.com
le plus ca change...