Operating System - OpenVMS
1751858 Members
5991 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How would you like me to use this forum?

Sue Skonetski
Advisor

How would you like me to use this forum?

Dear Folks,

As many of you know I send mail on a regular basis. I see that I can add files in this forum if less than 1MB, which I can do, but how would you like me to use this forum or would you prefer that I not particpate at all. Just let me know.

Warm Regards,
Sue
29 REPLIES 29
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Hi there Sue, fancy meeting you here!

Many readers here will indeed get mail from you already.

But I suspect that specifically in this forum many more have never heard from you.

Please REPLY here with a quick overview as to who you are and how you can help our OpenVMS users. Maybe add to that a pointer to a page on teh OpenVMS website.
[be sure to hit 'reply', not 'new']

Regards,
Hein.

Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hello Sue,
I'm very happy to meet you in this forum!
I known you wish promote Vms so if you look into Vms forum daily you can keep live contact with us.
Most questions have technical contents but some threads may be interesting for you.
For example Ian has opened this thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=68036
I think here you can open a new thread every new edition of VTJ (Vms Technical Journal).

Regards
@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Sue, you are welcome anywhere. We are all VMS fans here :-) I think you reading the threads especially the non-technical ones and passing the discussion to the relevent managers within hp and getting their responses back here.

Hi Sue!
Glad to see you in this forum. I have always had a great respect for the things you do to help.

Maybe create a perpetual thread topic such as OpenVMS Pearls?

john
It is better to STQ then LDQ
Dave Gudewicz
Valued Contributor

Sue,

Good to see you here. Come often, stay late. Keep us informed.

Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

Sue,

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME.
Nice to have you around as well. I'm sure you'll find enough interesting material in this forum. Since at leat the majority of it's members is dedidated to VMS you'll have a kind of 'shortcut' to the user community, IMHO one of the best.
If you would like to participate - why not? Both the user community and HP would win.
Although quite some of us are on a mailing list, I think that any publication could be posted here as well to reach others - and, if CEO/CIO level related, in some other forum (business continuity, for instance) to reach company management.
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Welcome Sue!

What can I add to what the others wrote but to second them wholeheartedly?

And mind Willem's hint: managerial stuff could hopefully have a positiv impact in "Business Continuity" as well.

Jan
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello Sue,

the others around here already have used up uppercase and since the board here does not support proper VT escape codes I can not put the Welcome in bold, blinking as you deserve it :-)

Most of the time the discussions here are pretty technical, so I am not sure a general cross posting of all the Pearls would be a good idea, but there are certainly many that the crowd around here will be interested to hear about.

And I am sure we would all appreciate if you find time to join the bar ITRC meeting at the bootcamp.

All the best,

Martin
Stanley F Quayle
Valued Contributor

I think the Pearls, as a single topic, would be a great idea. Remember that this board is searchable -- once Sue sends out a Pearl, it may or may not ever be found again...

http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html