7518 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I'd like to change SCA priorities based on a particular cpu booting

Robert Brooks_1
Honored Contributor

Re: I'd like to change SCA priorities based on a particular cpu booting

Coming soon (VMS V8.3) . . .

$ write sys$output f$getdvi( "ewa0", "lan_default_mac_address" )
00-06-2B-00-1D-93

$ write sys$output f$getdvi( "ewa0", "lan_mac_address" )
AA-00-04-00-1F-0C
Hoff
Honored Contributor

I understand what your immediate goals are here and your proposed solution; could you provide some background details on the particular problem you are solving?

In years past, I've tied into controllers and ports and MAC addresses, and I've ended up causing myself some extra work here. This either directly, through the added maintenance entailed in some solutions, or as the underlying OpenVMS implementation has changed.

The IPC services are a good option in clusters, for instance, as are locks and files with global buffers. LDAP or DNS/BIND can be options for locating components, too.

As for controller MAC addresses, there's a program posted at the Ask The Wizard area (left navigation) that has been around forever, and works nicely. It taps into the driver-level interfaces for this stuff.

With some details on the problem and related background materials, folks here may be able to provide a solution that's easy, fast, maintainable -- and meets your particular requirements.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Mitchel,

the reason why tou can NOT use the CSID: it is unique to THIS incarnation of a cluster node, ane will NOT be reused during the life of THIS cluster. Only after a fll cluster shutdown the numer mar be used again...

maybe little help, but at least some explanation about what will NOT work.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.