5174 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I need to install OpenVMS from itanium server to EVA to make a cluster node

SOLVED
Go to solution

I need to install OpenVMS from itanium server to EVA to make a cluster node

Dear all
I have tow Itanium server RX6600 and I want to install OpenVMS V 8.3 to EVA disk to make a cluster node,can any one help me please.
Best Regards
Amjad Barqawi
Account Manager
Senior System Support Engineer
Eng Amjad R. Barqawi
3 REPLIES 3
Kris Clippeleyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Amjad,

I'm not familiar with the EVA, but...
You need at least one "volume" (or whatever term the EVA is using for a virtual disk) to be presented to both rx6600s.
You then boot one of the rx6600 from the installation DVD, and install VMS to that EVA-based disk (say "yes" to the cluster question).
Hereafter, you can invoke CLUSTER_CONFIG.COM to add a new member to your 1 node cluster.
You can then boot the second rx6600 from the freshly installed system disk.

But beforehand, please read the "HP OpenVMS Versions 8.3-1H1 for Integrity Servers Upgrade and Installation Manual", to be found at:
http://docs.hp.com/en/BA322-90077/index.html

Regards,
Kris (aka Qkcl)
I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver-black phantom bike...

Dear all
I have an inmportant project and i need any one to help me a bout the cluster configration on the one disk in EVA and I make the boot option to this disk in the Itanium Server,I need the correct configration for this status.
Best Regards
Amjad Barqawi
Account Manager
Senior System Support Engineer
Eng Amjad R. Barqawi
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

Amjad,

if you had followed Kris' advise and read the installation manual, you'd have noticed Appendix D with the title "Setting Up and Booting Fibre Channel Storage Devices".

Also, the Cluster manual at http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4477/4477PRO.HTML has the procedures to form and extend an OpenVMS cluster.

HTH,
Martin