108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ImageMagick

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aaron Sakovich
Super Advisor

Re: ImageMagick

Update: I got the JPEG library built, and found buried deep in a .DOC file (which really was a text file) called Install (which really should have been the AAA_Readme) buried deep in the middle of the source code directory of 220+ .C & .H modules instructions on placement of specific files for inclusion in other packages (basically, 4 .h files and one shared library).

I also found another page on a different ImageMagick site that was hidden from our earlier searches that details building and installating on OpenVMS a little bit better.

http://imagemagick.org/www/Install-vms.html

(NB: the .org domain, not .com, for this page.)

However, I tried to strip out all the non-JPEG stuff for a first experiment and the compile failed. I may have yanked too much -- the config.vms_h file is not overflowing with documentation and has much more than just the links to external libraries in it. Deciding what is and what is not pertinent is a chore. (This really should be a Q&A or an f$search call for various libraries in the Make.com.)

It's either edit the config or download ALL the modules that the author used to duplicate his results. My desire is to build it with JPEG and MPEG support -- not GhostScript or TT or TIFF -- so I've got to learn how to do all this other stuff.

Which has really side-tracked me from my photo gallery software...