New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install a DECPrint Supervisor 2.6 on Alpha Server 1200 with open VMS 7.1

mohammad mohseni

Install a DECPrint Supervisor 2.6 on Alpha Server 1200 with open VMS 7.1

Hello .
Can i do it !?
If so, how?

///////////////////////////////
and then , how can i get DECPrint Supervisor 2.6 (DSPS)!?

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

According to the SPD, http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/SP4415/SP4415PF.PDF Alpha VMS 6.2 is supported. I would assume you could install the kit on a 7.1 system.

You can purchased a product library for the media. The kit will have istallation and configuration documentation. Note that HP's response to any calls logged may be to upgrade to a supported operating system.

Andy

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
mohammad mohseni

thanks alot,
but how i can purchased a product library?
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Aim your web browser at

http://www.hp.com/go/openvms

and look for the "configuration and buying assistance" link near the top of the left navigation. Post up a question there, and it will be shipped along to folks in the right general area of HP.

Where and how you order and purchase software products and kits for OpenVMS varies by geography and industry.

You can often locate a list of HP resellers and HP offices at the HP web site. Sometimes you'll be dealing directly from HP, and sometimes from an HP reseller or HP partner.

HP doesn't typically offer on-line ordering with OpenVMS products. Conversely, customers with a software support contract do usually have access to kits on an FTP server; on-line kit access.

To see the part numbers and products and the packaging, see the Software Product Description (SPD) documents.

Here is the SPD archive:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/spd/

For this question, check the DECprint SPD.

Alternatively, you would engage a local HP supplier or HP partner organization that would then deal with HP for you.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC
DECxchange
Regular Advisor

Hello,
You should be able to install it. But you will probably need a NAS (Network Application Support) License, such as NAS 150, or NAS 250. If you are doing this as a hobby, I don't know if the OpenVMS Hobbyist Licensing program includes NAS licenses.

You can check what licenses you have by logging into an account with sufficient privileges (such as the SYSTEM or other privileged account). Once you login, at the VMS prompt, type:

$ license list

If you're not sure you have the correct license, write back with the names of the licenses you have. Don't give out the license PAK info, just the names of the licenses will do.

Again, I don't know if DCPS has its own particular license, I think it is bunded in the NAS license, which also gives you the ability to run DECnet, TCP/IP, etc.
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

DCPS no longer needs a separate license, it is licensed with OpenVMS, see excerpt fro SPD:

The right to use DECprint Supervisor for OpenVMS is
included with the Foundation Operating Environment
(FOE) for OpenVMS I64, and with the license for the
OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS VAX operating sys-
tems.

regards kalle
DECxchange
Regular Advisor

Thanks, I didn't know that. I always thought you needed the NAS license.