cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error

Paolo_R
Advisor

Installation Error

I am trying to install OpenVMS  on the FreeAXP simulator and I get this error message: "Error occurred executing AXPVMS$PCSI_EX_INS_PROCESSOR.COM"

I have tried installing on a 32-bit Centrino Duo (Windows XP) and a 64-bit Intel Core i7 (Windows 7 Professional). 

Can anyone help with a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: Installation Error

Paolo,

it is very unlikely, that this error has anything to do with the FreeAXP Emulator (not: Simulator) !

If you want help, please provide a better problem description (what exactly did you do ?) together with the commands used and the output of the console session (use cut &paste from the Putty Console window).

Volker.

Paolo_R
Advisor

Volker:

>>> please provide a better problem description (what exactly did you do ?) <<<

I was trying to install openVMS. The installation had got to at least 40%  complete and then this error message popped up followed by advice to terminate the process.

If you want a screen dump I'll have to start the install again - but I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for the install to finish :-)

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Paolo,

configure the Putty console terminal to log the printable screen output to a file (Session -> Logging)  and re-run the installation. Then post the complete logfile (as an attachment to your forum message). This should answer most questions...

Which version of OpenVMS Alpha did you try to install ?

If you're interested, look at the procedure AXPVMS$PCSI_EX_INS_PROCESSOR.COM in [VMS$COMMON.SYSUPD] on your OpenVMS Operating System CDROM to see, what it's doing and what the possible errors could be...

Volker.

Paolo_R
Advisor

Volker: it's OpenVMS 8.4

I'll do another install with logging.

Thanks
Paolo_R
Advisor

Volker: session log attached.