Operating System - OpenVMS
1753975 Members
7494 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Interesting php mysql issue with Apache and Iexpress

Nick Lutz

Interesting php mysql issue with Apache and Iexpress

Ran into an interesting issue after upgrading to the HP compiled and packaged php and mysql (iexpress) components. Decided it would be best to replace my gcc compiled Apache, php, and mysql with the official HP compiled packages. For the most part, the upgrade has been successful, but there is one nagging problem. The supplied php drops core when I attempt to use it;

# php -v
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __register_frame_info_table (code) from php
Abort(coredump)

If/when I replace the libmysqlclient.sl.15 with my gcc complied version, php works just fine;

# php -v
PHP 5.2.0 (cgi) (built: Nov 13 2006 17:37:08)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

The only problem; my mysql client library is compiled under 5.0.22 NOT 5.0.37 as is the rest of the Iexpress package, so when I boot up Apache/php, the client library doesn't match the server library when php loads the mysql.sl extension.

# ldd mysql.sl
/opt/iexpress/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.sl.15 => /opt/iexpress/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.sl.15

I was going to go through the compile nightmare and generate a 5.0.37 version of the library and then use that (egads... using the HP compiler... I'm really scared now). Any other ideas from other HP folks?

3 REPLIES 3
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting php mysql issue with Apache and Iexpress

Methinks you had not intended to post this in the OpenVMS operating system section of the ITRC forums. HP-UX, mayhap?
Nick Lutz

This forum is unlike any other I've used. I didn't see a place to specify which category is should be in. It should be in HP-UX, not sure how I ended up on Open VMS... If you are a moderator, would you mind placing it correctly? Thanks.
Nick Lutz

Posted in the wrong section of the ITRC (don't know how to use this Forum - sorry). I'll close it and find a solution on my own. Sorry for troubling you all.