108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intermittent UCX problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Faulkner_1
Occasional Contributor

Intermittent UCX problems

FOr the last couple of days, I have been experiencing intermittent UCX problems. My Vax node will stop accepting TELNET connections. The problem comes and goes every few minutes lasting for several minutes at a time. It smells of a load/limit problem, but doing a $ucx sh service telnet/full command, the # of active sessions shows way below the defined limit (typically active sessions show about half of the limit). I'm getting no console messages indicating any problem, and seeing no errors on the system. I have also noticed that while the problem is happening, FTP and UCX PING commands do not work either. Doing a PING or FTP will yield the messages:

%UCX-E-FTP_CRSOCK, Error creating a socket
%SYSTEM-F-EXQUOTA, process quota exceeded

When the problems happens, it affects all UCX related functions. Once the problems happens, it will continue to intermittently happen until I reboot the server. A reboot of the system seems to clear up the problem for about a day. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Steve,

please check $ UCX SHOW COMM - have the Peak values for any parameters reached their Maximum ?

You can also check $ UCX SHOW COMM/MEM - any waits or drops ?

Volker.

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Steve,

this article from Ask Compaq seems to describe the problem and the solution:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/askkcs/hpcg/215_0_201050640_3914460.html

Volker.
Steve Faulkner_1
Occasional Contributor

That exactly describes my problem, and upon doing a $UCX SH COMM showed that my Device_Sockets max is 300 and my peak and current values are currently 215 (and I'm not into the heavy part of the day yet). I'm sure this will fix my problem. Thanks for the info.

This is my first time using this forum and it's a great thing.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Faulkner_1
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved.