108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issued START/QUEUE/MANAGER/NEW a second time by mistake

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scot Newton
Advisor

Issued START/QUEUE/MANAGER/NEW a second time by mistake

I have a 2 node cluster running OpenVMS 8.4.

I issued the command  START/QUEUE/MANAGER/NEW  a second time by mistake, now when I issue SHOW QUEUE/MANAGER   I get the message "SYS$QUEUE_MANAGER,  failing over"  on both nodes (full command output below).  I imagine I am not the first one to ever make this goof. Anyone know how to get the queue manager corrected?  Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

$ SHOW QUEUE/MANAGER/FULL

Master file:  SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSEXE]QMAN$MASTER.DAT

Queue manager SYS$QUEUE_MANAGER, failing over

/ON=(*)

Database location:  SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]

$

5 REPLIES 5
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Richard Brodie_1
Honored Contributor

I think this may be one of those times where the useful messages get sent to OPCOM. Worth having a look see.

Scot Newton
Advisor

hi Steven,

Yes, shared SAN for the 2 node cluster.

Note that one node seems to have finally failed over, and the queue manager started again. I rebooted the node that was still failing over, and then both nodes queue managers went into "failing over" state.  They have been that way for about 70 minutes and counting, so something is not good.

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Scot,

did you check for error messages in SYS$MANAGER:OPERATOR.LOG ?

Volker.

Scot Newton
Advisor
Solution

Essentially had to delete the QMAN$MASTER.DAT file and recreate the queue database as though it were a new system.  I tried renaming the file I created accidentally and rebooting, hoping that the original database file would resume and all would be well.  Unfortunately, not so easy.  Somewhere during the process, I think I also corrupted the original, as I kept returning to he state where both nodes would have batch queues "failing over". Thanks everyone for helping!