Operating System - OpenVMS
1753524 Members
5233 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: JAMS OpenVMS Invalid Item List

Daniel Schmonko

JAMS OpenVMS Invalid Item List

Using Job Access & Management System (JAMS) to control Job processing on I-64 OpenVMS Alpha server. I am getting the error %JAMS-F-INVIL, Invalid Item List. Not much explanation on this error and was hoping someone could give me a little more input. The JAMS Reference Manual (under Error Messages) says: INVIL, Invalid Item List. Explanation: The item list passed to the JAMS routine is not valid or is missing required information. User Action: Correct your program. I can't be the only one to run in to this error. I'm new to this JAMS Job Scheduler and cannot find this error clarified anywhere. Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Regards, Dan
2 REPLIES 2
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

>> User Action: Correct your program.

First question: Is Jams actually being called from a program, or is it being used through its utilities only
Second question: Which exact utlitity/command or routine call reports the error?

>> I can't be the only one to run in to this error.

Sure you can. Jams tries to be fool-proof. But that's an ongoing race, as smarter fools are born all the time. :-)

>> I'm new to this JAMS Job Scheduler and cannot find this error clarified anywhere. Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be appreciated

Why not ask the fine support folks mvpsi.com?
Be sure to have the answers to the about questions handy!

You may also want to cross post in comp.os.vms because John Vottero is known to lurk there.
Mind you, he is probably traveling right now, flying back from HP Tech Forum where Jams had a booth until yesterday.

hth,
Hein.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

>> I'm new to this JAMS Job Scheduler and cannot find this error clarified anywhere.

Ah, forgot to ask.
- Has the product been used in your organization before?
- Are you adaping previously working procedures, or creating something from scratch?
- Review the major arguments. DO they make sense? Is there a 'context' missing? A bad date&time? Quoting issues?

Good luck,
Hein.