108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: JBOSS under OpenVMS 7-3-2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Addie Zwakhals
Occasional Advisor

We have installed Jboss 4.2.1 on openvms V7.3-2 based on the suggestions and pdf document in this thread.
We can start a Jboss server, which uses 127.0.0.1 as base address for the server.
But we want to connect to the web-console using the Ip-adress of the VMs server where the jboss server runs.

In Jboss documentation it say use:
run -b .

How can we use this command on VMS using run.com.
Addie Zwakhals
Occasional Advisor

I've managed to start the jboss server with the ip-address of the VMS server.
In the run.com the JAVA command must be extended with -b
Brian Reiter
Valued Contributor

Now thats handy to know.
Geoff Gibson

Does anyone have the OpenVMS Supplementary JAR file? For some reason I can't download it from http://peseta.zko.hp.com/jboss_info/jboss_openvms_supp.jar

Thanks
Geoff
John Egolf

If you want the supplemental jar file, send me a note (john.egolf@digital.com).

We have only tested JBoss on OpenVMS Integrity. Previous notes are correct, Java is Java but like many very intense Java applications, its possible that a patch may be required in Java or OpenVMS or some other piece of code.

Our focus is Integrity and this is where we have spent our time testing. Anybody is welcome to try JBoss on Alpha but don't expect support in any form - we just don't have the cycles.

/John
Richard J Maher
Trusted Contributor

Hi John,

Maybe you can borrow some resources from HP's gSOAP port to Itanium *and* Alpha? They seem to have heaps of spare capacity: -

Looks like HP VMS is moving away from Java altogether; is 1.5 the last Java on VMS?

http://johndapps.blogspot.com/

Cheers Richard Maher