Operating System - OpenVMS
1752752 Members
5189 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Java 6 update patch for OpenVMS when ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Toine_1
Regular Advisor

Java 6 update patch for OpenVMS when ?

Hi,

Does anyone know when HP will release a new patch/ECO for JAVA 6 on OpenVMS?

Oracle/Sun release often bug fixes.
I also would like to see that theses fixes are also implemented on the Java 6 on OpenVMS when applicable of course.

/Toine
13 REPLIES 13
Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Toine,
The OpenVMS Java Team do release updates to the Java 6 version at semi-regular intervals, however just not as frequent as what Sun/Oracle does.

Is there a specific fix or a specific problem that you are concerned about that you are looking to have fixed?

If so, have you logged a Software Support Case with the OpenVMS Java Support team yet?

I'd like to suggest, that if you have concerns about specific bug fixes for Java, your quickest way to get a response is to log a Software Support Case with the OpenVMS Java Support team. That way you will be given a software support case number that you can use to track the issue you are concerned about, until it gets addressed, or at least until you get a response from Java Support as to when your specific issue will be addressed.

Cheers,
Rick Retterer

- Rick Retterer

Toine_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks for th einfo.
I have logged a call at HP for the problem

(See attachment:)

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# Internal Error (JR:[hotspot.src.share.vm.runtime]safepoint.cpp;1, 701), pid=1376308035, tid=114815488
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (1.6.0-1 11/09/2009-17:30 IA64 (c2) mixed mode)
#
# Error: Illegal threadstate encountered: 4
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid1376308035.log
#
# Please report this error to HP customer support.
#

/Toine
Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Toine,
Perfect. This way the problem you are encountering will get individual attention.

Hang on to the caseid that they gave to you, so that you can keep track of what is going on with the case as it progresses throughout the system.

Also, thanks for sharing the problem information with us. Looks to be a very interesting problem.

Cheers,
Rick Retterer

- Rick Retterer

Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Toine,
Ask and you shall receive...

A new version of Java has just been released last night to the OpenVMS community.

REF: http://h18012.www1.hp.com/java/documentation/1.6.0/ivms/docs/release_notes.html#intro

I do not know if it addresses the issues you have outlined yet or not. However, the person working your case at the customer support center will be able to advise you on this.

Cheers,
Rick
- Rick Retterer

Toine_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

According to HP this is a Rdb problem.
Well I will try Oracle to get this solved.

Regards,

Toine
Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Toine,
Ok. Thank you for the follow-up. I'm glad that you were able to get your case logged in with HP Support and they were able to get you a timely response.

This forum is great for things like programming issues, and general questions, but for the problem you were having, and the level of information you were seeking, it's best to take advantage of your support contract with HP and log a call with the Java support team. You might say that I know them personally, and they are a great group of folks who are dedicated to helping folks like yourself with your Java issues.

Take Care, and thanks again for the follow-up.

Rick
- Rick Retterer

Toine_1
Regular Advisor

I have upgraded to JAVA 6.0-2But now I get this error in my application does anyone knows what this means.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /java$fontmanager_shr: Last error code from dlsym was: 1278162
%LIB-E-ACTIMAGE, error activating image DSA240:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSLIB]DECW$XEXTLIBSHR.EXE
-LOADER-E-BADSVINDX, symbol vector index is too large

Thanks

/Toine
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> [...] does anyone knows what this means.

I'll assume that that's a question?

help /mess BADSVINDX

I know nothing, but it sounds as if you're
mixing together incompatible pieces.
Mario Dhaenens
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

It looks like the JVM 6.0-2 is not build correctly.
My guess is that it is built on VMS 8.4 and backwards compatible.

/Toine