Operating System - OpenVMS
1751833 Members
5226 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Konica Minolta MFP's on DCPS/VMS and POISE software issue.

SOLVED
Go to solution
100mike001

Konica Minolta MFP's on DCPS/VMS and POISE software issue.

I have a Konica Minolta BizHub C454e that is using user authintication. That being said I can print screen shots all day(from the local windows PC) but through the vms server using the POISE software how would I authinticate a user using the name and passcode?

4 REPLIES 4
Hoff
Honored Contributor
Solution

OpenVMS DCPS doesn't support authenticated-login capabilities for printers, and has no support for any Konica Minolta printers.   (SPD for DCPS V2.7.)

Contact VSI and suggest an enhancement.

Or expect to write your own symbiont.   Or serve the printer from some other system, via LPR/LPD or equivalent.   Or disable authentication.   Then you'll get to figure out how to get the printer working from OpenVMS, too.

100mike001

Thanks for the reply, this is what I was thinking but saved me some googling. I have several KM Bizhubs using generic HP drivers to print to the vms with poise, just not with authintication wasnt sure if there was a workaround with out writing code, or using some piece of software....Thanks agin!!

Hoff
Honored Contributor

You do realize that I used a search engine to get this answer?

Bill Hall
Honored Contributor

You might want to try googling "Northlake Software" and their "PrintKit" product if you are interested in a DECPrint compatible support for your Konica printers.  I've only used PrintKit with high speed Xerox printers, so I don't know if PrintKit supports authentication, you'll have to ask the folks at Nothlake.  You may still have to turn off the authentication requirement on the printer, but at least PrintKit can provide full control/access to all of the printers capabilities vs the generic HP LaserJet configuration you have today.  And PrintKit is supported on all three hardware platforms.

Bill Hall