108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Kronos on i64?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aaron Sakovich
Super Advisor

Uhm, just a point of clarification: the grief was NOT caused by your code fixes! Your code fixes relieved my grief!!!

Geez, you'd think English wasn't my primary language sometimes... ;^)
Duncan Morris
Honored Contributor

Aaron,

I am glad that you were able to make use of the kit. I will certainly make use of your procedures to make sure that I have a transportable kit for our own use!

Duncan
Aaron Sakovich
Super Advisor

Duncan,

Are you interested in bundling the kit up for the next Freeware CD submission? I can provide the binaries for i64 in that case.

Or, if you'd rather, I can help package it all up as a "II.11a" release and submit it. It'd need some kind of release notes about the changes you made, and I could add a note about building Merlib.

I don't have any VAXen left to build this on, just Alpha and i64 now.

Contact me offline if you're interested in continuing this effort -- my first name at openvms.org would be a good way to reach me.

Cheers,
Aaron
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

packaging it and sending to Hunter Goatley's archive would be a good thing
http://www.process.com/openvms/index.html

Aaron,

could not get through on email. Try me on duncan dot morris at talktalk dot net

Hoff
Honored Contributor

>>>Hoff -- if we can get a current build for both Alpha and i64, I think it sounds like a candidate for Freeware v9!<<<

Was that to be, Aaron, yes. Definitely. AFAIK, HP hasn't commented on plans for nor has there been a collection request seen (yet?) for Freeware V9.0.

As for conducting the process, I've offered.

Prior to some future Freeware collection, do consider passing the zip over to Hunter as Ian had suggested. Or it can easily be hosted here at HoffmanLabs, or at your OVHS site.

Aaron Sakovich
Super Advisor

Yes, Duncan and I will be working on that this week. At worst, I'll host it on my site, and once I'm comfy with the kit and all, I'll give it to Hunter.

(And hopefully there will be a V9! If anyone on the inside is listening, I for one think this is essential!)

Thanks, Hoff!