1753876 Members
7267 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Language Sensitive Editor or C language filter recommendations

tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

It appears that I do not have the patches/ECOs that the CIFS or Netbeans install documents say I need, so I am abandoning the idea of installing those products on VMS (for now).

UltraEdit appears to do the job. I have downloaded a free trial. The one thing that I do not like is that it displays files in alphabetical order including the VMS version number so the user will have to be careful to edit the latest version.

Thanks, John, for the suggestion of notepad++. I actually have had this on my PC for some time and was not aware that it had an FTP plugin. When I tried it out, it had difficulties with the VMS directory syntax. I thought it might be best to update it to the current version before going forward. Now it generates an access violation whenever I connect via FTP. I am not sure what the problem is.

At the moment, UltraEdit looks like a winner unless I can get notepad++ to work.
tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

UltraEdit works.

notepad++ gets an access violation immediately after issuing a "pwd" command and receives a response with the current OpenVMS working directory.

I think we will either use UltraEdit or EDT/TPU.

Thanks for all comments.

Dave