Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Location of systartup.com file

SYS$MANAGER
(usually SYS$COMMON:[SYSMGR]

Thanks a lot Ian,

I found it just where you told me it was.

Regards,

Ronni.
Arch_Muthiah
Honored Contributor

Ronni,

Fyi,
this file can be found in sys$startup also. (sys$sysroot:[sys$startup]).

If you don't find the info you are looking for in this files, you can browse following files also which are available in node's specific root dir or common roor dir depends upon your env is setup for standalone or Cluster. we can find so many very usefull info.
sysconfig.com, sylogicals.com, sypagswpfiles.com, systartup_vms, and optionally sylogin.com.

Archunan

Regards
Archie
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

You may find usefull in cluster config, to share it among all nodes. Then put it to a shared disk (fe DISK$CLUSTER) and in site specific procedure redirect execution to the shared startup.

Doc:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82FINAL/aa-pv5mj-tk/aa-pv5mj-tk.HTMl section Startin Up and Shuting Down.

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Kris Clippeleyr
Honored Contributor

To Archunan:

this file can be found in sys$startup also. (sys$sysroot:[sys$startup]).

Not entirely correct. Although e.g. DIRECTORY can find the file SYS$STARTUP:SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM, the file SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM resides in SYS$SYSDEVICE:[VMS$COMMON.SYSMGR] (unless moved to somewhere else in the search list by a system manager). SYS$MANAGER and SYS$STARTUP are logical names that point to a number of directories. See also:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/73final/4477/4477pro_006.html#common_dir_structure

Regards,
Kris (aka Qkcl)
I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver-black phantom bike...
Ronni

Archunan, Mike and Kris...

Thanks a lot for your comments,

I├В┬┤m installing a communication software component that runs as a service, so it requieres a service to be started automatically each time the OpenVms system is rebooted.

To do that, I need to add an especific code line in the systartup_vms.com file.

But as my knowledge in OpenVms is limited i needed to know the path of that file...

I solved that problem in this particular case, but, As I├В┬┤ll be working with others OpenVMS machines in the future, I thank all of you for your information.

Regards,

Ronni.