1752866 Members
3709 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Login failure settings in audit

Richard W Hunt
Valued Contributor

DIALUP - the UNIT CONTROL BLOCK for the prototype of that serial device says it is a DIALUP line. Or, for non-prototyped devices, the individual device UCB says it is a DIALUP line. I forget which flag you set, but I know it is a UCB flag for terminals.

REMOTE - Anything that came in over a network line before determining the type of session. E.g. TELNET, SET HOST.

LOCAL - Anything that connects through a serial interface as its connection method. E.g. the console, or if you had RS-232 (or newer) lines physically connected to the device. AND its UCB isn't marked "dialup."

For the old DECservers using LAT, you were either LOCAL or DIALUP depending on how you marked the individual ports on the DECserver end. (Did I just give away my age here?)

BATCH is obvious, there is only one way to get there. SUBMIT or an API equivalent using SNDJBC$ or something like that.

SUBPROCESS is a SPAWN or CREPRC$ operation

DETACHED is a RUN/DETACHED or CREPRC$ operation (the latter with the appropriate options).
Sr. Systems Janitor
Richard W Hunt
Valued Contributor

Oh, "SERVER"

Possibly one of the SERVER queues such as TCPIP$SMTP_{mumble}, which shows up as a SERVER queue if you use the appropriate SHOW QUEUE /FULL options to select it. After all, you have to create a session under which to run the SMTP sender for your mail messages and such.
Sr. Systems Janitor