108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MGFTP from Freeware V5 CD for OpenVMS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thanassis Papadimitriou
Frequent Advisor

Re: MGFTP from Freeware V5 CD for OpenVMS

I had a case open with Process software. They advised me to install the patch. The patch worked for some other platforms, but the one I am trying to find out an alternate way did not. They could not find a solution and we mutually agreed that we had to survived with unpatched FTP. Csn't tolerate any longer an unstable FTP listener.

The reason I asked if HGFTP listener process could be altered to LEF is that the listener will receive multiple FTP sessions every single second.
Hunter Goatley
Advisor

That shouldn't be an issue for the listener. I know of other sites using it in a production environment and servicing tons of connections like that.

Of course, your mileage may vary. I do the best I can to support HGFTP, so if you see problems, let me know, but since it is freeware, I can't guarantee its performance....

Hunter
Thanassis Papadimitriou
Frequent Advisor

Thank you very much Hunter for your effort on guiding me to install successfully HGFTP and for your clarifications.

Of course I understand. Good to know that other production sites use it that have heavy FTP duties.

But, at least I have to try this alternate way on our production platform. In case that I will run into something I will post it.

Thank you all guys.

PS:@Hunter: The response time of dir command from my PC towards the server I installed HGFTP is very fast compared to Process software TCPware. Behaviour has significantly changed. Good job and well done! Keep up!
P Muralidhar Kini
Honored Contributor

Hi Thanassis,

Good to know your problem got resolved.

>> They could not find a solution and we mutually agreed that we had to
>> survived with unpatched FTP. Csn't tolerate any longer an unstable FTP
>> listener.
Looks like Process software have Patch for the problem you are facing but for
some reason it does not install on your system. You might want to follow-up
on this issue with process software and get a patch that you can use in your
system.