108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Manual SEA analysis of VMS errlog.sys from WinXP problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave Gudewicz
Valued Contributor

Manual SEA analysis of VMS errlog.sys from WinXP problem

I installed the latest version of WEBES for Windows (v4.4.4) and was under the impression that it could translate/analyze a VMS errlog. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but when I issue the following command:

wsea ana input errlog.sys <--(DS20E, v7.3-1)

I get a screen pop-up for a few seconds that only has the above file name and nothing else. I tried the "out" command to a file and also only see the file name, nothing more.

I checked the above errlog.sys file with the $DIAG VMS command and there are entries in the file.

Has anyone here successfully used the manual analysis feature of WEBES/SEA from WinXP on a VMS error log?

Dave...
2 REPLIES 2
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Manual SEA analysis of VMS errlog.sys from WinXP problem

Dave,

I'm running SEA for Windows V4.4.3 on my Windows XP notebook. I have an xxx_ERRLOG.SYS file copied to this directory:

C:\Programme\Hewlett-Packard\svctools

After opening the DOS command window and setting 'default directory' into the above directory, I entered the following command and it shows the manual analysis results:

C:\Programme\Hewlett-Packard\svctools>wsea ana input xxx_errlog.sys
============= xxx_errlog.sys@notebook =============
------ Problem Found: ...

I know, that this errlog file triggers an analysis result, may yours doesn't ?!

I would always prefer to run SEA analysis or translation using the WEB interface (http://localhost:7902/) or starting SEA via the Windows Start Menue.

You need to copy the errlog.sys file to the svctools subdirectory (see above) first and then - after starting SEA - go to Other Logs (in left frame), select your errlog.sys file and click 'Add Files', then it will show up under Other Logs. Click on it and analysis and translation will start and the results will be shown in the Problem Reports, Summary and Events window.

Volker.

Dave Gudewicz
Valued Contributor

Re: Manual SEA analysis of VMS errlog.sys from WinXP problem

Volker thanks for your help.

Dave...