Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure HBA throughput

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike R Smith
Frequent Advisor

Measure HBA throughput

I need to pull together some hba throughput information. I have T4 and AdviseIT data for the time period in question but I am not seeing HBA throughput. I do have direct I/Os/sec and Buffered I/Os/sec information broken out per node.

Can someone point me in the right direction either in the current data that I have or somewhere else. If possible I would like total I/O over the period in question and then maybe some type of break down per second broken down by hba.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Measure HBA throughput

Mike,

the T4*_FCM.CSV data contain:

[T4FcHba]Read Xfer rate (MB/s) (PGA0)
[T4FcHba]Read Xfer rate (MB/s) (PGB0)

same for Total Transfer rate and Write Xfer rate for each fibre channel adapter.

Volker.

Mike R Smith
Frequent Advisor

Volker, thanks very much for replying to my query. Before I posted, I checked my T4 files and I have four csv files. They are fcm, scs, disk and comp. (This was setup prior to my starting work here) I opened each looking for the data using TLVIZ V1.6-14. After reading your reply, I went back to the fcm data again to make sure I did not miss that section and I do not have the
[T4FcHba] data you mention. I have the following categories showing:

ACLG, LCK73, Mon(Align,Disk,Dloc,Fcp,Flsc,io,lock,modes,page,proc,stat,syst,timr,trans) Net.DECN Net.EW%0, Net.LLA0 and XFC

I am running T4 V4.3. Any additional direction to the fields listed is much appreciated.

Hoff
Honored Contributor

As for what's in the files, you can open the CSV files in an OpenVMS text editor and have a look. The T4 CSV files are text files, and you can review the headers and the contents directly. In this case, the headers are obvious, and (give what you've seen with TLViz) the data you want is probably not included in the collection.

As for tailoring T4 data collection processes to local requirements, you'll want to review the T4 documentation and use that to add whatever additional fields you want to collect data for.

http://trendsthatmatter.com/T4andfriends.html
Mike R Smith
Frequent Advisor

Hoff, thanks very much for your reply as well. I went back and edited the csv file by hand and I discovered the fields that Volker mentioned were in the file. I exited my current session of Tlviz and opened it again. I then opened the fcm file again and there was the data. Apparently I started opening files with the Comp csv file and the headers from there were never replaced when I opened the other files.

T4 is great but this one caught me off guard.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Mike,

consider to download and use the most recent version TLViz V2.0-1 from

http://trendsthatmatter.com/downloads/index.html

T4 is a great tool !

Volker.
Mike R Smith
Frequent Advisor

The information was available in the T4 FCM files. I also received a tip to download the newer version of TLVIZ.