New Discussion юеВ

Re: Monitor cluster problem!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Domen Setar
Advisor

Monitor cluster problem!

Hi!

I'm running OpenVMS V8.2 on my cluster servers. When using MONITOR CLUSTER command I get response from all servers but one. I found out that VPM$SERVER is not running on it and it is also not present in user database (UAF). I'm using DECnet Phase IV and. I'm using LAN interconnet.

Where I did make a mistake? Why VPM$SERVER is not present?

Best regards

Domen Setar
7 REPLIES 7
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Domen,

the VPM$SERVER account should have been created by @NETCONFIG when configuring the DECnet Phase IV object database.

Do you want a default account for the VPM object? [YES]:

You do not need to have the VPM_SERVER process running, if you're using DECnet in your cluster. It's only required, if the nodes are running TCPIP only.

Volker.
Domen Setar
Advisor

Volker

I tried this many times, but I never did get a question about VPM. I don't know why.

Domen
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Domen,

do you have a MIRRO$SERVER account ? That one is being created in the SAME way as the VPM$SERVER account (actually immediately preceeding it). Have a look at NETCONFIG.COM or run it with SET VERIFY.

Volker.
Domen Setar
Advisor

Volker,

I didn't have mirro$server accunt. I tried with netconfig again and have solved the VPM$SERVER mistery. The problem was that I used the option to create defalut DECNET account, which causes procedure to skip creation of VPM$SERVER and MIRRO$SERVER accounts.
Now I have both accounts. But still I get a message "Unable to connect to remote node" when I use MONITOR CLUSTER command. Any idea what I need to do now?

Domen
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Domen,

do a REPLY/ENABLE and MONITOR SYSTEM/NODE=xxx (xxx=your node missing in MONITOR CLUSTER). Does it work ? Any OPCOM messages ?

On the node, where you issue the MONITOR CLUSTER command, can you do a SET HOST xxx ?

Volker.
Domen Setar
Advisor

Hi!

By some mistake DECNET was not running on the server. Everything works fine now.
Thank you for helping me.

Domen
Domen Setar
Advisor

Problem solved. DECnet must be configured so that we don't create default DECNET account.