108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mozilla and Java

Rick Retterer
Respected Contributor

Correction to my last instructions:

Startup Mozilla: $ mozilla

Then Select File->Open File... from the CSWB toolbar, and select example1.html after browing to the directory path:

sys$common:[java$142.demo.applets.clock]

(My fingers type with a mind of their own sometimes) 8*)

Cheers,
Rick
- Rick Retterer

Steven Bearden
Advisor

Thanks for all the troubleshooting information but I have a support agreement for these servers so I logged a call. We didn't get the problem fixed but he did offer some interesting troubleshooting ideas, etc. like yourself. Anyway, after cobbling around with the whole process for a while I found out that the Java$142_setup file wasn't working unless it was manually started so I put it in the users login and everything worked fine on tat server (which is the only one that had a problem). It was in sylogin.com so I put it in there and it quits working. So I will call back for HP Support to help if I can't figure it out. In the meantime the user is happy. Thanks for all the help and ideas. CHEERS...
"People will forget what you said,  people will forget what you did,  but people will never forget how you made them feel. "
Zeni B. Schleter
Regular Advisor

Thanks for me , too. I did not realize all those examples existed. I have been trying to determine why a supposed simple Java applet is not working. Someone else's code; works on Windows box. I just was trying to assure myself that what I had installed was working as expected. So Thanks!.