4647 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New OpenVMS discussion area!

Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

New OpenVMS discussion area!

Hello All....

Welcome to the new ITRC Forums area for discussions around HP OpenVMS. This new area was created at the request of many HP customers, as well as long time members of the ITRC Forums.

The ITRC Forums have been extremely successful in the development of a dynamic community in other areas, such as HP-UX, Management Software, Servers, and Storage. With your help, this new OpenVMS community area will be just as dynamic and beneficial to other members.

If you need assistance, you can always contact hp using the links on the left sidebar, or read more information on the forums at http://itrc.hp.com/estaff/bin/doc.pl/sid=0d7bbb981a7047305f/screen=estaffAssistance?Page=file0002

Enjoy the new area!

Best Regards,
Dan
Forums Manager
9 REPLIES 9
Bradford Hamilton
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I was surprised to see the announcement regarding these forums - I had no idea HP was contemplating these forums for VMS.

Can someone explain the rationale behind the decision to create these forums? Will VMS engineers appear here?

Thanks,
Brad Hamilton
Mark Waters_1
Frequent Visitor

Brad,

This forum is available as an OpenVMS user forum available to Hp customers and anyone in the industry with usefull information to share. Initally this forum will be monitored by Hp Support Services. I don't suspect OpenVMS Engineering to take an active role in the use and postings of this forum.

Thank You for the inital posting!
Mark Waters
Hp Services
Brad McCusker
Respected Contributor

>>I don't suspect OpenVMS Engineering to take an active role in the use and postings of this forum.

Well, I know of one engineer who is already at the least, 'watching'. ;^)

Brad McCusker
Brad McCusker
Software Concepts International
Warren Sander
Occasional Advisor

I'll be watching also.

I run the OpenVMS external web site.

The itrc has been re-designing itself and is slowly adding more features for the total company. The forums was one of these.

We basicly expect that comp.os.vms will probably remain as one of the main discussion areas for OpenVMS but these forums allow seperation of ideas and an archive
Vinit Adya
Frequent Advisor

Excellent Idea!
Infact i had been discussing on comp.os.vms for a possible VMS forum on ITRC.
Way to go HP!

Cheers,
Vinit
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Vinit, glad you approve...let others know about this new area. The community in other parts of these ITRC Forums are quite active and generate much useful content. I hope this OpenVMS area does the same.

Thanks,
Dan
Don Braffitt

I'll be watching this forum for questions on COBOL, SORT32, and Hypersort for OpenVMS.

- Don Braffitt
Al Pillarelli

I'll be watching, too. I am the OpenVMS Business Critical Programs & Technology Manager and am responsible for OpenVMS high availability and disaster tolerance.
OpenVMS - The Gold Standard in Clusters
Guy Peleg
Respected Contributor

As of today, I will be monitoring this
forum as well. I work at the OpenVMS
utilities group. I maintain and develope
DCL, LIBRTL, VAX/Apha Linker and more.

Regards,

Guy Peleg
OpenVMS Engineering