108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New question about SSH, OpenVMS and Reflection

SOLVED
Go to solution
Piet Timmers_1
Frequent Advisor

New question about SSH, OpenVMS and Reflection

Thanks to a lot of people I have solved the most the problems I had with SSH, leaving one problem.

We use Reflection for Unix and OpenVMS version 14.0 ( I have received V14 SP4, and tested, same result) and OpenVMS 8.3 on IA64.

$ Tcpip show version shows:

HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 Version V5.6 - ECO 1
on an HP rx6600 (1.59GHz/9.0MB) running OpenVMS V8.3

I make a connection to the OpenVMS node using the reflection setting SECURE SHELL. This works, even with expired passwords and banner messages.
When making a second connection to the same host, using the same username I get the message "" on both sessions. So the new session will not login, and the active session will be terminated.

When I use an other terminal emulator (putty) this works as expected. When using an other username for the second session, no problem, session made.

We have tested this for a unix host, no problem.

Suggestions??

Greetings,

Piet Timmers
4 REPLIES 4
EdgarZamora
Trusted Contributor

I tested this on Reflections V11.0 and Alpha OVMS 8.3 and I didn't encounter the problem you did.

Have you looked at the log files produces (in SYS$SYSDEVICE:[TCPIP$SSH])? That might give you a clue. Have you tried a different VMS host, if you have another?

Hoff
Honored Contributor

contact whomever is supporting reflections (assuming you have support), and ask them for help?
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Go to Connection -> Connection Setup... -> Security... and make sure "Reuse existing connection if available" on the General tab is not checked.
Piet Timmers_1
Frequent Advisor

Eric,

This was the problem, Thanks.