New Discussion юеВ

OS download site

SOLVED
Go to solution
nipun_2
Regular Advisor

OS download site

Hi,
I need to give my VMS Operating system CD to a colleague. I was wondering if there is a site (link) where I could ask him to download and directly burn to a CD.

Is it possible? Can the CD be burned on a windows machine?

I tried to search for a link on Hp website which allows me to download OpenVMS but couldn't find any.

Nipun
4 REPLIES 4
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: OS download site

Nipun,

you can't download OpenVMS operating system CDs.

If you have an update service for the OpenVMS layered product CDs, you will receive a username/password for (early) download access to the Layered Products CDs, but not for the OpenVMS Operating System CDs.

You can copy the OpenVMS CDs with some CD writer utilities on Windows, but they must write them in 'raw' format.

Volker.
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

You can write cd inside vms.
Read here
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/faq/vmsfaq_012.html#file7

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
William Webb_2
Frequent Advisor

I've read :^) that Nero or Gear can do it.

HTH,

WWWebb
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Nipun,

Remember that all OpenVMS Operating System Media is protected by copyright.

Although it is technically possible to copy them, it is probably not legal for you to do so in your jurisdiction.

Similarly, you (and your colleague) need a "right to upgrade" license in order to upgrade. Anyone who has such a license should have been sent copies of OpenVMS media in the standard distribution.

Check the terms and conditions of ITRC carefully. All postings become the property of HP, and can be used in legal proceedings, so you might want to be careful what you say here ;-)
A crucible of informative mistakes