New Discussion юеВ

OSI Application Developer's Toolkit Files on an OpenVMS System

SOLVED
Go to solution
Philippe Bocher
Advisor

OSI Application Developer's Toolkit Files on an OpenVMS System

Hello,

I need to find a library for a specific (home made) developpement on Vax VMS 5.5. The name of the library is Ossber.olb (and asn1code.h and asn1util.h).

The only ref. I can find on the web is :

http://www.sysworks.com.au/disk$vaxdocsep952/decw$book/dllzaaa2.p37.decw$book

I need to have this library for porting the application under Alpha VMS 7.3-2 & Decnet/OSI 7.3-2.

Anybody knows if the OSI SDK for OpenVMS 7.3-2 exists ? any other solution ?

Thx

Philippe
3 REPLIES 3
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Re: OSI Application Developer's Toolkit Files on an OpenVMS System

Hello Philippe,

I don't do Phase V (we just got rid of the last Phase V systems for good not to long ago), but a quick peek at the 7.3-2 CD reveals a DEC-AXPVMS-OSAK-V0300-R-1 PCSI kit. It might be worth to check if this does contain the files you are looking for.

Greetings, Martin
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Philippe,

Check out the OSAK kit from the consolidated distribution. If you can't find the library, then remove OSSBER from your link list and look at what symbols are missing. It's possible they've been reorganised to another place.

I've found a few references to "ossber.h". The code samples I've seen don't appear to be calling anything, just using definitions. If your problem is in compiling, then just create an empty "ossber.h" and look for undefined symbols. At least then you'll know exactly what you're looking for.

A crucible of informative mistakes
John Gillings
Honored Contributor
Solution

Philippe,

Further research...

The OSS ASN.1 compiler and library were retired in 1995 and are no longer available from HP. Although you may be able to find old kits gathering dust, apparently they require licenses which are no longer sold. Even if you have VAX licenses, they are not transferrable (either technically or legally) to Alpha.

Kits are available from OSS, see http://www.oss.com/ you will need to contact them directly to obtain an OpenVMS kit. Contact is info@oss.com or call +1-732-302-0750.

Note - I know nothing about ASN.1 or OSS (don't even know what they do!) before reading this thread I was not even aware of the existence of OSS and I have no interest, financial or otherwise in the company. This note is not in any way, shape or form an endorsement or recommendation for the product.
A crucible of informative mistakes