108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OVMS Cluster Config

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

First things first... The 68-pin high density connector is not necessarily an indicator of a single-ended SCSI Adapter. I wish I could say without any reservation that all of the ones I've seen "stamped" with the SE "emblem" have always and forever been correct. Knowing what those SCSI adapters really are, what model number, is key. Some of them, even in the various "families" (SE vs LVD vs HVD) don't play well together. It would be easier if you knew you had, for instance, a KZPBA-CA in both systems because the KZPBA-CA and KZPBA-CB look similar. The KZPSA-BB is a much larger card, it has a 68-pin HD connector and it's never going to work with either KZPBA-Cx card, ever. Not unless you can convert to the right SCSI signalling.

The BA350 doesn't really support the use of a personality module, you probably should be connecting your cables directly to the connectors on the backplane of the shelf. It only supports single ended SCSI. A DWZZA-VA can be installed in slot 0 to adapt to different SCSI interfaces.

In other words, we need more information to help. What type SCSI Adapters, what type (and color) storage shelf, what type personality module (if any), etc. There are many, many parts that looked similar, so specifics are mandatory.
Not applicable

Hi All,

In the triplet prompt I can see the disk from both the server as:
From DS-20
DKA600

and From Alpha 4100
DKB600

But when I tried to boot DS-20 from DKA600, I got the following error:

bugcheck code = 0000036C: PROCGONE, Process not in system
Crash CPU: 00000000 Primary CPU: 00000000 Node Name: OVMS83
Supported CPU count: 00000002
Active CPU: 00000000.00000003
Current Process: sysinit
Current PSB ID: 00000001
Image Name: sysinit.exe

Starting compressed selective memory dump at 1-oct-2007 17:19................

...Complete *************

System shutdown complete

Can anyone help me, why this error is coming and what's the solution for this.

Regards,
-ajaydec
Heinz W Genhart
Honored Contributor

Hi ajadec

I had this error on a cluster with two systemdisks, if the labels of both systemdisks was same. Changing the label of one of the systemdisks solved the problem for me.

Regards

Geni
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

ajaydec,

if you are booting from the same system disk connected to different adapters (PKA/PKB), you need to use port allocation classes to make the device name unique ! Otherwise OpenVMS will crash when trying to mount the disk from the 2nd system.

Volker.
Not applicable

Hi Geni,

I am trying to boot both the system from the same system disk, but I was not able to boot even the single system using that disk.

Regards,
ajaydec
Not applicable

Hi Volker,

Can you help me on "how to use port allocation classes to make the device name unique !"

I think that's the problem because of which I am not able to boot the server.

Regards,
ajaydec
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

ajaydec,

you need to provide consistent and detailled information about the configuration, otherwise we can't help you.

In the beginning, you said: 4100 PKA and DS20 PKB constitute the shared SCSI bus. In another reply you say: boot DS20 DKA600 and boot 4100 from DKB600

When the DS20 crashed during boot, was the 4100 running from the same system disk at that time ? To find the reason for the crash, analyze the dump with $ ANAL/CRASH SYS$SYSTEM:SYSDUMP.DMP and provide the output of SDA> CLUE REGISTER (at least the value of R0).

If you can't configure the shared SCSI bus to use the SAME SCSI controller letter (PKx) at OpenVMS level on both systems, you need to use Port Allocation classes. Use @CLUSTER_CONFIG and the CHANGE menu option.

Volker.
Not applicable

Sorry Volker,

I did some mistake before.
Let me clear it again....
Alpha 4100 to PKB (DKB600) and DS-20 to PKA (DKA600).
When I tried to boot DS-20 using command:
>>> boot dka600 -fl 0,0
I got the above problem.

At that time Alpha 4100 is not running.

Regards,
ajaydec
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

ajaydec,

so the first step is to get the DS20 successfully boot from DKA600.

Can you boot the DS20 from an OpenVMS Operating System CD and look at the system dump on DKA600:

$$$ MOUNT/OVER=ID DKA600:
$$$ ANAL/CRASH DKA600:[SYS0.SYSEXE]SYSDUMP.DMP
SDA> EXA R0
SDA> SHOW DEV D ! do you see DKA600 in the dump ?
SDA> EXIT

Volker.
Not applicable

Volker,

I have attached the output.

Regards,
ajaydec