108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OVMS Cluster Config

SOLVED
Go to solution
Not applicable

Vokler,

I forgot to mention that when I remove the connection of Alpha 4100 from the storage box then I can boot DS-20 from the disk in storage box.

I removed Alpha 4100, booted DS-20 and then executed the command that you asked for.

Regards,
ajaydec
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

ajaydec,

R0 = 104D8CE4 = %IMGACT-F-SYMVECMIS, shareable image symbol vector table mismatch

This is a software problem footprint: there is some image (most likely in the system-specific root of this node [SYS0.SYSLIB]), which causes this problem. You should see the SAME crash, if you try to boot the 4100 from that root. If you cannot reproduce the crash on the 4100, it could also be caused by some hardware-problem in the disk access path, which would corrupt data read from the disk...

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

ajaydec,

I have set the id of
PKA0_host_id 5
PKB0_host_id 6
PKC0_host_id 8
on Alpha 4100

If this is still TRUE, you have set the SCSI ID of the shared SCSI bus host adapter on the 4100 to the SAME VALUE as the disk you're trying to boot from. Not a brilliant idea ;-(

Make sure the SCSI IDs are UNIQUE on the shared SCSI bus. You would typically set the HOST adapters to 6 and 7 and use the lower SCSI-IDs for the disks.

Volker.
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your time and special thanks to Volker.

The problem got solved by just removing the two SE terminator which I attached to both the systems. I don't know why but they were causing some hardware problem as mentioned by Volker.

After that I match the alloclass for DS-20 with that of Alpha 4100.

i.e. on DS-20 PKA is 5
Alpha 4100 PKB is 5.

Regards,
ajaydec
Not applicable

regards,
ajaydec