4433 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Open VMS cms command query

Shamseer Abdullah
Occasional Advisor

Open VMS cms command query

Hi,

I would like to know the command in cms to list the files in a particular user class. For example I have the user class CMSLIB$DISK:[DEAF.ORACLE_CMS]V100-09. How do we find the files in that particular user class.

Regards
Shamseer
4 REPLIES 4
Kris Clippeleyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Do you mean

CMS SHOW CLASS V100-09 /CONTENTS

That is, if class V100-09 exists.

Regards,
Kris (aka Qckl)
I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver-black phantom bike...
Shamseer Abdullah
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

That command helped me to get the contents of the class.
In continuation to the above question can you please let me know what would be the implication if we delete the class from the CMS library.

Since we realise there are some files which are of previous version and so if we delete the class and recreate the class will be help us resolve the issue.

Thanks
Shamseer

Kris Clippeleyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,
What are you trying to achieve?
Deleting a class is no problem (and HELP is your friend ( CMS HELP )).
Wouldn't it be better to create a new class and insert the correct generation of the correct elements into the class?
Regards,
Kris (aka Qkcl)
I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver-black phantom bike...
Mike Kier
Valued Contributor

In addition to Kris' statement that HELP is your friend, most DEC-heritage products have great documentation (often both tutorial and reference) and most of it is easily found online.

In particular, CMS is part of DECset, and the documentation may be found here - http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/decset.html
Practice Random Acts of VMS Marketing