1752305 Members
5409 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OpenVMS Alpha V 6.2 Bootable CD

Art Wiens
Respected Contributor

I would suggest you try contacting your "local" HP office ... I have no idea if they are anywhere in your "neighborhood", but there is a location listed in Bahrain:

http://h10134.www1.hp.com/contacts/locations/bahrain/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

You never know, there might be some hardcore VMS field guy there who has a collection of cd's.

Other than that, I would also tend to wonder whether my rom drive was working if none boot. Can you mount any of these cd's while VMS is running? $ MOUNT/OVER=ID DKAxxx: . Again, barring any other local resources, that HP office _might_ be able to help with some form of hardware support.

What application do you have running on a VMS workstation stuck in circa ~1995? Not judging, just curious.

Good luck,
Art
tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

If you have a problem with your CD device, this will not solve that problem but...

If you have more than one hard drive on your system, you can load a minimal version of VMS on another disk (other than your system disk). You can then boot from this other disk to restore your original system disk - no need for a CD at all.

To make an existing disk bootable, just type @SYS$SYSTEM:AXPVMS$PCSI_INSTALL_MIN.COM from a privileged user account.

Dave Williams