Re: OpenVMS Cluster System Performance

SOLVED
Go to solution
Feige
Advisor

Hein,

Thanks!

I understand what you mean. But in my opinion, The project is developed by me and also I puchased HP hardware and software,so I need get help from HP. And also I know the HP service is the best in IT especial in China.

If you help get more any data,Please tell me,Thank you very much!.
labadie_1
Honored Contributor

>>> Anything else if it's possible?I still can't fix the problems.

Yes, install Ecp or T4 or TDC, collect data and post it, or post the various
$ monitor ...
already asked

Such a problem is not easy to solve through a forum, by the way.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Feige,

>>>
Now a subprocess after running 10min then fails to quit. after restart the subprocess the same thing still happens. my god!
<<<

So, this definitely shows PRCLM is NOT the cause. Too low a value can prevent new processes to start, but does not influence already started processes.

I have not yet seen (or did I overlook it?) a process termination status for the failing processes.
$ ACCOUNT /IDEN= /FULL
-> the process will have a final status.

Let's see what we can make out of that.

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Feige,

First, since this is an OpenVMS cluster, polling is not the most efficient way to do the monitoring of the other task. A Lock (using the OpenVMS Lock Manager) is the correct way to do this. Additionally, this will inherit all of the underlying cluster presumptions without the risk of implementation problems.

I do not see if Oracle is configured properly for a cluster configuration.

If utilization is high in an otherwise idle system, I would suspect an error in the implementation of polling. The only way to understand precisely what is happening is a detailed review of the code involved.

Without more details, it is impossible to underestand precisely what is happening. As has been commented, Hein, myself, and others do provide consulting services in these areas.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Hoff
Honored Contributor
Solution

Oracle RAC on an OpenVMS cluster isn't a cheap configuration, and it isn't going to be cheap to keep it going when something goes wrong.

As a commercial entity, you're now faced with a decision. Specifically, find and the issue yourself (and -- free advice -- PRCLM is almost certainly either not involved, or is only peripherally involved), get somebody else to find and fix the issue (which will probably not be free), learn about the environment and how to fix the problem (training), or give your customer their money back.

More free advice: your code is the assumed and most likely culprit here, until proven otherwise. (I'm not intending this position to be derogatory, either. I assume my own code is the culprit, until I can prove the error lurks elsewhere.) Run your code under /DEBUG, or instrument your code, or both. See what's going on within your code.

Create a reproducer. Post it.

Which vendors have the best support -- or even any support -- is irrelevant here, if and when you're writing your own code. That's between you and your customers. But if you (or somebody you formally bring in) can prove Oracle or OpenVMS are broken, then the vendor might or will be interested.

Feige
Advisor

Thanks everyone!

Special thanks Hoff,Robert and Hein for your support!

Now it fixed.
Feige
Advisor

Thanks everyone!

Special thanks Hoff,Robert and Hein for your support!

Now it fixed.