5143 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OpenVMS Hobbyist License

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: OpenVMS Hobbyist License

Sumant,

there is no password for the REGISTRATION account.

So it looks like TELNET is blocked from your site and SSH with an account without a password does not seem to work on EISNER.

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Sumnat,

this is a 'known problem' (registration via SSH is currently not possible) - see DECUSERVE_Forum note 831.*

You need to find a way to login via TELNET for REGISTRATION (maybe from home) ?

Volker.
Sumant M Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Yes Volker ....you are right.

Better i can try from home.Thanks a lot for your all help.

Regards,
Sumant
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Sumant,

I have added a pointer to this thread as feedback in the DECServe_Forum notes file entry 831.16.

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Typo: should be: DECUServe_Forum entry 831.16

Volker.
Sumant M Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi Volker,

I have completed my registration on DecuServ.org successfully.Now i am able to login into vms node but my question is from where i can get the hobbyist license for non-commercial purpose.I am able to login with Telnet as well as SSH ports.

My user id is do not have enough permissions.

Regards,
Sumant
Graham Burley
Frequent Advisor

Keith Parris
Trusted Contributor

To summarize the helpful link given above, log into DECUServe and enter the command HOBBYIST at the dollar-sign prompt. That will print the membership number you need to get the Hobbyist license. If you try your membership number and it does not work, it may be because it can take a few days for DECUServe's new-account information to be transferred over to the Hobbyist website, so a bit of patience is required in that case.
Sumant M Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Yes you are Keith.I issued the command hobbyist and i got all the imp info but when used the same member number on hobbyist site i got error "member id not found in the database" so i think it will take some time.

Regards,
Sumant
Sumant M Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Dear Support Members,

Can anyone tell me how many days registration process will take because still i am getting error message.

"Your Membership Number is not in our database or is incorrect. Please check with your Chapter to insure it is correct and they have updated us. Sorry for any inconvenience"

But when i type hobbyist on command prompt i can see my member number.Let me know which option i need to choose to get hobbyist license on openvms.org link.

Regards,
Sumant